This post originally appeared on Marketplace Advertiser, QuantumListing Blog and is republished with permission. Find out how to syndicate your content with theBrokerList.http://quantumlisting.com/uploads/fs/blog/c1019d385eb67632a7e958e23f24bd07d7_small.png?#
QuantumListing has developed an innovative way for you to add to your marketing activities and reach more potential customers.
More than ever, owners and agents need to find new and cost effective ways to market their properties. In our recent article, 9 Ways to Stay Connected on QuantumListing, we discussed some of the ways QuantumListing can be a part of your marketing plan, including posting your listings on social media, using our on site chat to talk with other QuantumListing members, and utilizing our network email blasts.
We would like to introduce you to another way QuantumListing Premium Members can use our site to reach potential buyers and tenants. You can also sign up for this week’s webinar on this topic by clicking here!
State Wants Groups Are Now State Haves and Wants Groups
We included a section in that article about posting in your State Wants Group. In case you are unfamiliar with our groups, let me bring you up to speed.
Initially, we created groups for each asset class and Wants Groups for each of the fifty United States. These were intended to be a bulletin board for each market to crowdsource your property searches, especially if what you were looking for was not yet on our site.
We have recently done some reimagining of our State Wants groups. They were rebranded to State Haves and Wants groups because we realized that they can be a powerful marketing resource for you. It is included in your QuantumListing Premium Membership, so it makes sense to add it to your marketing strategy.
To learn more about Groups, check out our blog post, Exploring QuantumListing’s New Groups Feature, written when we first added this feature.
Share Your Listings to Your State Haves and Wants Group
This means now you can and should share your listings to these groups. In case you are unfamiliar with how to post a message to your group, there are two fast and easy methods. Follow these steps:
- Go to your profile page by clicking on the profile (head and shoulders) icon at the top right of any page on QuantumListing.
- Scroll down the profile page until you see the left hand sidebar menu. Click on Groups to open the Groups sub-menu.
- Identify the Group to which you want to post your message and listing and click the chat icon.
- Method one is to click on the chat icon and add your message.
- Method two is to click on the eye icon to see your group details and then click the green group chat button. Then add your message.
Your post should have a brief message about your listing. Then, add something like “To view this listing, click the link:” and paste your listing’s URL (the web address at the top of your browser) into the chat and hit enter to instantly share your listings with others.
We will be keeping an eye on the added links to make sure they are commercial real estate appropriate. However, if you see something that you think crosses the line before we do, please go to our Contact page and send us a note.
How Will Your Colleagues Know About Your Post to the Group?
Now that you have learned how to share your listing, you might be wondering how will your fellow group members know that there is something for them to look at? There are four different ways:
For those members who are on the site at the same time as you, there is a pop up notification that they’ll see in the lower right corner of the screen.
- For colleagues that visit QuantumListing.com afterward, there are two other on site notifications that they’ll get. At the top right corner of the screen, next to the profile icon, there is a bell icon, similar to the one you see on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or many other websites. If the bell is green, it means you have notifications waiting for your review.
- When you click on the notification bell, it will display the notices waiting for you. You can click on any of the messages and it will take you to the chat in which the message was posted so you can get further information and reply if you want.
- Additionally, on your profile page, above your profile picture, you’ll see the chat icon. If it is green, then you have a message waiting for you.
- On days that you have a new chat message in one or more of your groups, you’ll receive an email notification with a link to check your messages.
Peer to Peer
Don’t limit yourself to only sharing marketing messages to your group. The same techniques described above work in peer to peer chats as well. Just click the Chat icon on any of our users’ profile pages to send them a one on one messagenew.
Do Not Fear Failure, Rather Fear Not Trying
We hope you will try this new way to market your listings. Whether it is in a State Haves and Wants Group, an Asset Class Interest group or an individual, you’ll be putting your message in front of colleagues with similar interests.
Don’t get discouraged and give up if you don’t get results the first time you try it. Chat messages will become more effective over time as more of our members get in the habit of checking their QuantumListing Groups on a regular basis. Being an early adopter will likely give you an edge.
If you want to further ensure your success marketing to group members, stack the deck by inviting your contacts that are not yet using QuantumListing to join. As the saying goes, the best way to predict the future is to create it.
Many of you are already using email marketing, social media marketing, and content marketing for your commercial real estate listings. Put another arrow in your quiver and use QuantumListing Group Chat to market your listings.
Please be sure to let us know what you think about Chat Group Marketing after you’ve tried it, and let us know if you have any suggestions as to how we can improve it.