Swisher Commercial has released its 26th annual survey of vacancy rates for office and flex space in the Ann Arbor area for year-end 2018. We are pleased to provide this important Ann Arbor market information to the business community. To read the full report, please visit https://swishercommercial.com/vacancy-report/ to download.
Swisher Commercial agents can speak to the trends and market analysis that will inform and benefit the Washtenaw County community and their future business and real estate decisions. Swisher’s full report will be exclusively available to the community via our website, but below you will find the meat of our 2018 numbers organized according to property type and area.Flex vacancy rates have increased from 4.6% to 5.6% in the past year in the Ann Arbor market. Click To Tweet
- Swisher Commercial personally surveyed 302 buildings of 5,000 square feet or larger, totaling over 12 million square feet
- Flex vacancy rates have increased from 4.6% to 5.6% in the past year
- Office vacancy rate decreased from 8.1% to 6.6% in the past year
- The Downtown Office Area (DOA) vacancy nearly doubled, increasing from 3.6% to 6.8%
- The North Office Area (NOA) vacancy rate decreased from 1.6% to 1.4%
- The East Office Area (EOA) vacancy rate increased from 9.7% to 10.0%
- The Clark-Golfside Medical Area (CGMA) Office Area vacancy rate experienced a considerable drop for the second year decreasing from 3.5% to 1.3%
- The South Office Area (SOA) had a striking decrease in vacancy rate from 14.2% to 9.7%
- The South Flex Area (SFA) increased from 4.2% to 5.3%
- The West Flex Area (WFA) vacancy rate increased from 6.2% to 6.8% this year
If you have further questions regarding analysis of this information, please call our agents (http://www.swishercommercial.com/agents).
Swisher Commercial is a full-service, independent brokerage firm located in downtown Ann Arbor, specializing in commercial real estate: office, industrial, retail, multi-family, commercial/residential vacant land, development opportunities and investment properties. Services include sales, leasing, consulting, and property management of commercial real estate, as well as the sale of vacant/development land. Learn what hundreds of clients in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Chelsea, Dexter, Saline and throughout Southeast Michigan have known for over 50 years…Swisher has the expertise and experience that make the difference.H