First, let me say that you should use a hands-free Bluetooth headset if you are going to use any of the below tips while driving. To do otherwise is not only unsafe, but is illegal in some states.
1. Take notes. This is particularly helpful while driving the market and looking at properties. Just say, “Take a note,” then Siri will prompt you to dictate the content.
2. Create Reminders. This can be accomplished in several ways but the simplest is to tell Siri to create a reminder. “Remind me to call John about 123 Main Street at 9 o’clock tomorrow.” You can also set location-based reminders “When I get to the office, remind me to renew my CCIM membership.”
3. Schedule appointments. This is a great help if you have just gotten off a phone call and need to add the showing or meeting to your calendar. Simply tell Siri to “Create a calendar appointment”, add the details, and Siri will do the rest. Siri will even alert you if you have a conflict in your schedule.
4. Send emails and text messages. You can send emails and texts (including to yourself). “Send John an email thanking him for his call.” After you draft the message, you can edit the subject and message body.
5. Take photos. Again, not something I recommend while driving, but if you want to open the camera app to take a photo in a snap, Siri can make it happen.
6. Find Wifi Hotspots. In case you don’t want to eat into your data plan, Siri can find you free Wifi Hotspots. Simply say “Show me the closest Wi-Fi hotspots.” She can then provide directions to the spot of your choice.
7. Have Siri read your text messages to you. Why read when someone else can read to you? (Don’t answer that.)
8. Post to Social Media. Physically typing 140 characters can be daunting. Let Siri do it for you. She can also update your Facebook page.
9. Open any app on your phone. Just say, “Open [name of the app]” and voila.
10. Eliminate loneliness. Ever been alone on the road during a long distance site-selection trip? Stave off depression by carrying on a conversation with Siri. Don’t believe me? Try it.