If you think you just write the content or add listings and people will find it, you are sadly mistaken. It takes tons of work and effort to drive traffic to your blog or website. Our goal today is to provide a simple list of how to promote your blog.
It is no different than driving traffic to a property you are leasing or selling. It is rolling up your sleeves and creating a system that becomes so normal and so routine you do not even realize you are doing it!
Every time a blog posts on our site, we give it fanfare and attention. If we have a blog we wrote or if a guest blogger, we give each blog much promotion and support so people will find out about it. We value the blogs and we believe it helps those that blog to get their name out there. Here is a sample of the low-hanging fruit things we do to promote our blog posts. Of course, we optimize the blogs for SEO so they come up on Google search and other search engines as well, but that too takes focus and work. We will give you some pointers on SEO in a future post, but here is our list of how to promote your blog:
- Post to Buffer which integrates to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin Company page, Linkedin profile, Google+. (If you do not use Buffer you need to post to each of these separately.)
- Post to Pinterest on an applicable board and also tweet out that Pin you post.
- Post to the appropriate Linkedin Groups for that blog. (Linkedin is the best ROI.)
- Recirculate the blog on Twitter different times of the day and with different titles in the Tweet AND add relevant Twitter names of folks who would find the blog of interest and RT it.
- If a guest blog, always go to that bloggers site and mention the blog in a comment and link back to it appropriately.
- Email blast your new content each time you generate it. We use Mailchimp to manage our subscribers.
- Use Reddit and post in the appropriate category, for instance, we use “CommercialRealEstate” as our category.
- Post to CRE.buzz.
- Share your blog RSS feed with your corporate office or organizations that you do business with so they can share your blog in a widget or sidebar.
- Be sure your blog URL is on ALL online sites you have your profile featured.
- Be sure your blog URL is on your business cards and other paper materials you distribute.
- Get your blog syndicated! Add your blog RSS feed to your profile here at theBrokerList so we can syndicate your content through our blog.
- If a video, always link between the blog and video channel using the comments.
- If you credit an image on Flicker or other image sites, go back to that artists page and leave them a comment thanking them for the use of the image and link back to the blog you used the image in.
- Post any new content on your blog or website to your Linkedin Company page.
- Write a blog for the Linkedin Pulse system and link back to your blog via your profile.
- Guest blog on other blogs and always link back to your blog as well in the author’s bio box.
- Guest blog on theBrokerList and mix your original content written on our blog with your own content on your blog for ever changing news and updates.
- Always have social sharing tools on each blog post or within the content, either top or bottom. We prefer to add our social share bar at the top.
- Keep in mind you may have 2 brands, like your name and your company name. Be sure to follow the above steps when sharing and do it from BOTH of your online profiles. So for example, I have a personal Twitter, Facebook, etc. and I have a company, like theBrokerList, depending on what the information is about, share via both channels. Your supporters may be friends and family and business colleagues!
Since our focus is a business audience, our analytics show Linkedin to be one of the best for our social media traffic, then Twitter is next. We also have some industry sites that have an RSS feed of our blog on their site so the blog is also syndicated.
Happy new year and we hope these tips become part of your habit each day to promote your company, listings or your blog!
Can you think of ways you have shared your blog that we have not thought of here? If so please leave your ideas in the comments below.
Photo credit: “Online Marketing Signpost” by Stuart Miles FreeDigitalPhotos.net