I have a lot of friends and colleagues ask me what I have on my iPad. They all know that I am a “technology nerd” and am always looking out for the next best app to help me be more productive or have one of those “that’s cool” moments.
So, here are my top 5 apps I am currently using:
1. Photon Web Browser. Why? Flash websites. Enough said.
2. LogMeIn Ignition. Why? I am still setup to have my “main” computer be the one at my office. That is the computer that has the RAID system, backed up, battery backup, etc. (a little overkill from some people but the minute you lose your data once…), and that is where I want to make sure all of my files are kept. LogMeIn lets me access and know that it is saved there and “pushed” out to my other computers, tablets and phone.
3. HP10Bii. Why? Unfortunately, the days of being able to do Elwod Tables in my head have come and gone. Plus, this one has some very cool amortization schedules on top of just the calculator feature.
4. Dropbox. Why? All of those files on my main computer, are now accessible on the go!
5. CloudOn. Why? Do you really miss the “Windows” environment to do work? Can’t really get used to the iOS environment when it comes to the “right-click”? You will love this one. I use it extensively when using Excel.
There are so many more…but I did not want you to feel like you were drinking from a fire hose! I will do a couple follow up posts later. In the meantime, what are you using that you can’t be without?