Who is your employer?
- What is their line of business:
- Environmental Consulting ( Pre and Post Testing). We do testing for all residential and commercial properties. We can test for mold, asbestos, lead, sewage/bacteria, water damage, IAQ, Environmental Site Assessments, Legionella, Allergens, Avian Pathogens, Industrial Hygiene, Disaster Emergency Response, Wildfire/smoke/soot, OSHA & EPA Compliance, Illicit Drugs, Environmental Health & Safety, Silica, Radon. We can also do 3rd party oversight during a water damage project or asbestos removal.
- What is your position and what do you do?
- I am the Business Development Manager. My job is to Increase market penetration by opening up new territories and a new customer base. I am responsible for building relationships with new potential clients and educating our clients of how we can be assistance to them.
- How long have you worked for them?
- I have been with the company 2.5 years.
- Who were you previously employed with, as it relates to the commercial industry world?
- I was previously living in Arizona and working for a Physical Therapy company doing Business Development. I was building relationships with Orthopedic Surgeons, Pediatricians, Primary Care Physicians, Podiatrists, and Accident & Injury Attorneys.
What is your commercial real estate background?
- How long have you been in commercial real estate?
- I have no experience in the commercial real estate industry
- How did you get started in the industry.
- As far as how I got started in my specific industry, which helps commercial real estate professionals is an interesting story. My significant other decided to accept a job in Las Vegas and move away from Arizona and I decided to follow and leave everything behind (my whole family and a job that I enjoyed.) I was wanting to stick with my same type of job as I have always wanted to be in the medical field. I was applying for jobs and I actually got a job offer with a physical therapy company doing the exact same thing that I was doing in Arizona, but I turned it down after talking to my current boss. After interviewing with my current boss, I said I don’t care what the industry is, I absolutely need to work for this guy and I have been with him ever since I moved. I have fallen in love with the industry, the people, and the connections that I am making in Las Vegas.
Why did you join CREW? How long have you been a member?
I have been a part of CREW for 2.5 years. I decided to join CREW because I saw the benefits that the organization provided, as far as, allowing me to build relationships with commercial real estate professionals and hardworking individuals.
How do you hope CREW will (or how has it already) assist)ed) you?
It has helped me build a bigger network and allow me to meet individuals that I can help through my place of employment. My job is to build relationships and make people aware of our services and let them know I am here to help them, which in return helps their clients. It has also helped me personally, as I have grown to be a better networker and CREW has definitely brought me out of my comfort zone even more, as far as, approaching people I don’t know and have never seen before and being able to connect with them in a more comfortable setting.
Has Business Networking with CREW helped you? If so, how?
It has helped me. I have been able to assist clients with environmental issues that they have had whether that is asbestos related issues because they are going through a remodel, or because we had a bunch of rain and roof leaks took place which turned into a massive flood. We have been able to help many of the professionals that are apart of this organization and once again which has helped them help their clients.
Do you belong to any other commercial real estate organizations?
Yes I do, I belong to IREM & BOMA as well.
Are you interested in joining any committees in CREW?
I am actually very excited to say that I am apart of two committees. I am presently a CREW Ambassador where I have had the opportunity to make new attendees feel welcome and help make introductions to professionals that they would like to meet. I am also able to answer any questions they may have and show them why it is important to join an organization like CREW. I am also on the community outreach committee which allows me to give back to our wonderful community and help those in need.
How long have you resided in Las Vegas?
- If not a native, where are you from originally?
- I have been in Las Vegas for a little over two and a half years now. I moved from Arizona where I lived for 5 years. I do claim Wisconsin as my home though as I lived there most of my life up until I moved to Arizona. 19 family members all decided to move together to the warmer climate
What do you like to do for relaxation and fun?
My boyfriend and I absolutely love to travel. We also like to run ( we have done 5 half marathons together and are continuing to train for more.) I love to get massages, watch movies and eat popcorn. I am a HUGE foodie. I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends when I can. I grew up dancing, so whenever I have the opportunity to dance, I will take it! I have saved the best for last, my boyfriend and I are huge nerds, so you will never guess, but we play Pokemon GO!
- What is their line of business:
Follow Karli Levin on Linkedin too!
The post New Member Spotlight Karli Levin MSE Environmental appeared first on CREW Las Vegas.