- Who is your employer? Burke Construction Group, Inc.
- What is their line of business (time for business plug, provide information on your company’s services, etc)? As a Commercial General Contractor headquartered in Las Vegas since 1984, Burke Construction Group provides comprehensive preconstruction, construction management and development due diligence services under a variety of project delivery methods while affording customized solutions and support to our valued clients and partners. Building in both the public and private sectors, Burke’s diverse portfolio of experience covers various markets – including: Educational, Cultural & Religious, Federal/Public Works, Financial, Healthcare, Hospitality/Entertainment, Mission Critical/ Redundant Systems, Office/Industrial, Remote Sites, Retail, Senior Care/Affordable Living/Multi-family, and Tenant Improvements.
- What is your position and what do you do? As the President & CEO my responsibility includes creating, communicating and implementing our organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – ensuring our targeted path is clearly communicated where team members feel part of something bigger than themselves and that their role is vital to our success. Additional roles include providing leadership, guidance, direction to and evaluation of executive leadership while framing and employing our strategic plan which ultimately helps guide the direction of our business. Continuous oversight of our operation includes the assessment of overall organizational success. Additionally, key to my role, is maintaining awareness of the competitive landscape – identifying opportunities for expansion, clients, markets, new industry developments and standards (business development). Representing our organization in the community and engaging in professional and industry association responsibilities and activities at both the local and state levels includes serving as past Governor-appointed Chairman and Member of the Nevada State Contractors Board (NSCB) and current Member of the Board of Directors for the Nevada Contractors Association (NCA).
- How long have you worked for them? 29 Years
- How long have you been in commercial real estate? Since 1989
- How did you get started in the industry? Since my father was an Engineer, I was inspired to follow in his footsteps, and received a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Kansas State University. I always wanted to be in business with my brother (a childhood dream) so when he started our company in 1984, I followed him to Las Vegas in 1989.
- Why did you join CREW? How long have you been a member? 2017; 1 Year
- How do you hope CREW will (or how has it already) assist(ed) you? Connecting with members representing all disciplines in the commercial real estate industry provides us with additional invaluable opportunities for networking, education, and community involvement. As a Diamond Sponsor this year, we look forward to becoming even more involved.
- Has business networking with CREW helped you? If so, how? Through our sponsorship, attendance at events, and advertising we have experienced the opportunity to connect and collaborate both with familiar and new faces in the industry while sharing our company’s message.
- Do you belong to any other commercial real estate organizations? NAIOP; SIOR
- Are you interested in joining any committees in CREW? (membership, sponsorship, special event, programs, marketing/media, special programs) I am not at this time. However, we would like to explore additional opportunities for our staff to get involved.
- How long have you resided in Las Vegas? 29 Years
- If not a native, where are you from originally? Mulvane, Kansas (a small rural community in the Heartland)
- What do you do for relaxation and fun? Competitive Cycling
Follow Kevin Burke on Linkedin.
The post Member Spotlight: Kevin Burke – Burke Construction Group appeared first on CREW Las Vegas.