This post originally appeared on tBL member Block Real Estate Services (BRES)'s blog Official Blog of Block Real Estate Services (BRES) and is republished with permission. Find out how to syndicate your content with theBrokerList.
Wherever you are located, Kansas City has the industrial parks to help boost your business. Our central location makes our city ideal for your new data center, distribution headquarters or high-tech assembly facility or E-Commerce platform. We have all the pieces to make logistics as efficient as possible.
The vast majority of the continental United States can be reached from Kansas City in just one or two business days. With the benefit of the city’s convenient access to four major interstate highways, all five of the Class 1 railroads making it the second highest rail point, along with an international airport and a navigable river port, make the city a strong force for services in the Transportation Industry. Kansas City’s location is one of the most efficient in transporting goods across the country.
Kansas Citian’s are renowned for their work ethic, but also for the level of training to fill the demand for quality employees. Both Kansas and Missouri, located in the heart of the country, and with business friendly governors Sam Brownback in Kansas and Jay Nixon in Missouri, who continue to pursue growth and development; and competitive financial incentives, the city’s advantages are long-term and growing stronger every year.
A recent United States Parcel Service study reports the number one hub in the United States for UPS is in Lenexa, Kansas, (a suburb of Kansas City). Kansas City is in fact their number one location for ground-delivery operations in the country. Kansas City is also home to hubs and distribution centers for more than one fifth of the 50 top grossing e-commerce sites and this is growing rapidly.
Appealing to Auto Suppliers
Velocity, verified the area as the ideal location for automotive facilities. Ford Plant started production of the all-new 2015F-150 at Kansas City Assembly Plant More than 900 new workers were added in January and the plant, which Transit commercial van, has about 6,000 employees. Besides Ford’s Claycomo plant, General Motors has a Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, which makes the Chevrolet Malibu and Buick LaCrosse. The plant has 3,900 employees and is creating an additional 900 jobs. The area’s central location and available land is driving speculative development expansion because spec can fulfill the needs of businesses who prefer to be in close proximity to their customers, improve speed-to-market, and reduce inventory carry costs.
In addition, US Farthane LLC is locating its 11th manufacturing operation here in Riverside because it puts the company in a “great position to better serve customers and expand presence in the automotive industry,” according to Andy Greenlee, president of US Farathane.
Block Real Estate Services has a long-standing history as a successful business developer in the Kansas City area. For more than 70 years, we have leased, bought, sold and managed properties including these Kansas City area logistics sites:
- Lenexa Logistics Centre— Lenexa – Located at 16851 W. 113th Street in Lenexa, Kansas, this Class A distribution Centre is home to Amazon, Inc. in its 260,707 sq. foot. Construction is continuing on a second 353,800 sq. foot building.
- College Crossing—Overland Park Situated on 5.01 acres, College Crossing is a 66,916 sq. foot BP-1 zoned office building with 167 parking spaces.
- K-10 Commerce Centre—Olathe – Designed for one or two LEED-certified buildings, this 472,771 sq. foot center is e-commerce-ready.
- 175th Street Commerce Centre—Olathe – Build-to-suit options for flex/office, retail and distribution/warehouse are available in this mixed-use business park development offering spaces for 5,000 to one million square feet.
- Riverside Logistics Centre—North – A single building warehouse/distribution facility, this 245,343 sq. foot building includes 36 dock-high doors, two drive-in loading doors and dedicated parking for 46 trailers.
Block Real Estate Services, LLC (BRES) welcomes your inquiries about your logistical needs.