You may apply for this position here. No emails or phone calls please.
Many of the top players in the U.S. CRE business turn to REFM when they need expert help modeling an acquisition transaction, a fund, or a major mixed-use development. Since its inception in 2009, REFM has assisted its consulting clients in the raising and placement of billions of dollars of equity and debt capital for their endeavors. REFM is seeking a Director of Financial Modeling to be a top performer in the company in our consulting business line, and to assist our continued development of our Valuate software platform. Valuate is the fastest-growing investment analysis and valuation software in the world. It is the only real estate valuation software in the world to have more than 100,000 users.
REFM models a wide variety of transactions across geographies, asset types and business models. REFM works exclusively in Excel and in Valuate. REFM does not use Argus.
Position Title: Director of Financial Modeling
- Run commercial real estate developer and investor client transaction analyses in existing REFM Excel-based templates and interface with clients on results
- Create new REFM Excel template products for sale on our website
- Customize templates as needed per client requirements
- Assist in detailed discovery of prospective client requirements
- Author proposals for new prospective consulting engagements
- Perform real-time problem solving in Excel through the creation of unique formula
- Provide support to Excel template purchasers
- Assist in ongoing design and testing of new functionality of our Valuate software.
- You consider yourself to be in the top 5% of financial modelers among your peers (but you have not told them this)
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Excel-based modeling specific to CRE transactions
- Love of problem solving
- Familiarity with the basics of mathematical logic
- Masters-level education or equivalent experience in real estate financial analysis role
- Willingness to receive constructive criticism and continue learning
- Meticulousness and carefulness to the point that you regard your keyboard and an open spreadsheet the same way a surgeon does an open body on an operating table
- Perseverance/stubbornness to get the answer
- Clear communication style
- Sense of humor (doesn’t have to be great)
- Discretion for confidential client matters
- Willingness to step in where needed
- Positive attitude.
Reporting To: Vice President of Financial Modeling
Why work at REFM?
- No bureaucracy or office politics
- Cool loft office space in the Studioplex on the Beltline right near Krog Street Market
- Standing/sitting desk
- Computer hardware allowance
- Competitive salary
- Health care insurance allowance
- Opportunity for equity options
- Opportunity for advancement.
This is a full-time position located in Atlanta; you will work in our office, not from your home. Some travel may be required for client work, but it would be rare.