Although I still use Word and Excel, whenever possible, I prefer to use Google Docs & Google Sheets.
Check out my favorite features of Google Docs & Google Sheets
- If another party sends me a Word doc or Excel spreadsheet, and I prefer to work on the document in Google Docs / Sheets, it is super easy to upload the Word / Excel document and convert it to a Google document.
- It is very easy to collaborate online with coworkers in real-time, right from inside the documents. No more emailing files and having a ton of different versions.
- Your revision history is saved in the cloud. Thus, if needed, you can roll back to any previous version.
- Once your file is finished, if you prefer to email it in a Word doc or Excel file, exporting is quick and easy.
- If you work from more than one computer, you will love the ability to always have access to your Google Docs and Google Sheets which are all cloud-based.
A fun tip to try out
Type in doc.new in the url bar, to quickly create a new Google Doc. Similarly, if you type in sheets.new a new Google Sheet will be created for you.
Hope you have fun creating Google Docs & Google Sheets,
Check out my other CRE Resource posts too!