|Image Attribution: www.clipart.email.com|
I am penning this as I sit in an emergency vet clinic. Our Labradoodle, Hank, ingested some Sago Palm seeds yesterday. What ensued was all manner of Hell as depicted in the Exorcist – vomiting, periods of lethargy, and terror for the owners – my wife and me. Little did we know that Sago Palms are toxic and in many cases fatal to dogs that graze on their walnut sized seed pods. In times past, Hank’s snacking choice would have resulted in sure death – but in today’s world of veterinary care, he has a chance. For the record, Hank seems fine to me, but we are told liver damage may be in our dog’s future – but enough of that.