A medical client recently relocated from a small, dreary, windowless office to a gorgeous, bright and cheery facility for urgent care and specialty procedures. A large segment of the clientele receives IV (intravenous) Infusion Therapy and the lengthy treatment requires patients to sit while they drip for several hours. So designing a large, comfortable, bright and pleasant therapy lounge with daylighting capable of accommodating ten patients was an important design element to the doctor.
The design team placed the IV Infusion Lounge against the west windows which have commanding views of downtown Manhattan giving patients who are seated in large comfy lounge chairs a view often reserved for the CEO. A larger nurse’s and mixing station adorns the back wall also facing west.
So what’s a doctor to do? Our solution was to apply Huper Optik’s Drei ceramic commercial window tint. It rejected heat and UV rays that not only protected the drugs, but allowed the window shades to be open and the room to be used as designed. We are very pleased with the product’s performance.
The following are specs from the sales consultant.
- VOC free nano-ceramic window films that increase performance of existing glass
- 100% dye-free and metal-free films – no demetallisation from corrosion or discoloration from fading dyes
- Films block up to 98% of Infrared light – the main cause of heat
- Films block more than 99% of UV light – the main cause of fading
- Films are applied to existing single and dual paned glass
- Reject the unwanted solar heat gain while allowing the desired visible light transmission
- Use of films allows for significant reductions in embodied energy over full window replacements