OK, it’s time for a little motivation. Yesterday I was on the phone with one of my coaches (yes, this coach has three coaches) who quoted Bruce Lee – the master of martial arts, actor, and philosopher from the 1960’s and 70s. It made me reminisce about the action films I loved in my pre-teens.
Bruce Lee was best known for his superior martial arts skills, however he also had keen wit and – as I can now best appreciate, was a fountain of inspiration.
If you need a little motivation, or simply a hard kick in the butt – here are some of Bruce Lee’s greatest quotes and how I believe it applies to your commercial real estate practice.
– It is better to be a specialist than a generalist.
– Start every day with your main goal in mind and allocate the time to make progress toward that goal.
– Focus on what you do best, and what has the greatest impact on your production. Delegate everything else.
– Stop worrying about the real estate market, the political landscape, the financial markets, your broker, or any other excuse you are blaming your situation on. You are in control of you – now go make it happen.
– I think this one is pretty straightforward.
I was going to insert a link to a Bruce Lee video, but then you would be on YouTube all day watching enter the dragon… spoiler alert: not even Chuck Norris can beat Bruce Lee – well, at least not in the movies. Sadly, Bruce Lee died in 1973, at the young age of 32 from an acute reaction to a painkiller. His words continue to motivate and inspire.