Join fellow professionals online on Feb. 25, 1-2:30 pm EST, to learn how to break down the real estate pro forma in Excel®.
With an installed user base in the hundreds of millions worldwide, Microsoft® Excel® is the primary tool of choice for spreadsheet-based analysis and creating real estate financial projections. This is the case in real estate development and investment, yet many practitioners are still not very familiar with how projection models are built or work. This topic breaks down the real estate pro forma into its essential components, analyzes the pieces individually in easy to understand language, and then reassembles them into the original whole. The relationships between the constituent parts are explained so that participants will intimately understand the entire spreadsheet and its various functions.
This live webinar will utilize GoToWebinar®, an internet active tool which allows the speaker to walk through examples in real time. This will be the best way to follow along with the program and a link will be provided for you prior to the program date.
Register Here 50% Off
- You will be able to describe the major transaction types for which you would construct an Excel® model.
- You will be able to identify the major components of a pro forma.
- You will be able to recognize the cardinal rules of modeling with Excel®.
- You will be able to discuss the importance of timing in real estate transactions.
NOTE: This is not a hands-on-the-spreadsheet webinar. It is a Powerpoint presentation only.
- Understanding the purpose and importance of creating financial projections for commercial real estate investments
- Identify the major components of the Excel® projection model and their functions
- Illustrate the relationship of the components to one another
- Learn the Cardinal Rules of modeling with Excel®
- Learn best practices for inheriting a model
- CAC 0.5
- This course has been reviewed and approved for inclusion in the Certificate of Accounting Compliance Program and qualifies for 0.5 credit. Please visit www.lorman.com/certification/cac for more information.
- CPE 1.5 including Specialized Knowledge and Applications 1.5
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www. learningmarket.org. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.5 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications for 1.5 hours. Prerequisite: basic knowledge of real estate law. Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group-Live and Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state’s regulatory board.
- Lorman Business Center, Inc. is a registered provider for CPA CPE through the State Education Department of New York, Sponsor number: 000640. The following course will carry the subject area of Specialized Knowledge and Applications for 1.5 hours.
- Lorman Business Center, Inc. has registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE Sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE Program. This program qualifies for 1.5 hours of continuing professional education.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for presidents, vice presidents, property managers, real estate professionals, developers, landlords, building owners and managers, accountants, CFOs and controllers.
Register Here 50% Off
Real Estate Financial Modeling, LLC
- Founder and CEO of Real Estate Financial Modeling, financial analysis solutions provider to the commercial real estate business
- Editor of the top collegiate real estate finance textbook, Real Estate Finance and Investments: Risks and Opportunities
- Wrote more than 500 blog posts on commercial real estate and financial modeling
- M.B.A. degree in real estate, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania; B.A. degree in communications, Stanford University